HOUSTON – Luxury travel operator Ker & Downey is making it possible for travelers to customize private people-to-people journeys to Cuba at a time when tourism in the developing country is growing but is predominantly limited to set itineraries or group tours.
Ker & Downey’s destination specialists have uncovered the best of Cuba in terms of overnight destinations, restaurants, cultural guides and more. A sample itinerary, serving as a source of inspiration for travelers, includes time along the coast in Varadero and in the bustling city of Havana, but the entire country is available to Ker & Downey travelers.
A private car and driver lets visitors experience Cuba’s authentic culture and natural beauty at their own pace with Ker & Downey’s tailored itineraries and destination expertise.
Enjoy a private visit, presentation and exchange with renowned Cuban musicians, photographers or artists.
Stay at exclusive properties like Havana’s Hotel Saratoga, boutique hotels in Old Havana or even private villas, ideal for a small family or group of friends traveling together.
- Learn how to roll a Habano from a native cigar maker.
- Take a private tour of Ernest Hemingway’s San Francisco de Paula estate and the nearby fishing village of Cojimar.
- Enjoy a private Havana tour in a vintage American vehicle to discover everything from local architecture to photography.
- Go bird watching in Cuba’s wildlands, including Zapata Swamps, Parc Nacional Alejandro de Humbolt and UNESCO world heritage site Parque Nacional Desembarco del Granma.
- Travel to Vinales Valley to go horseback riding, dine with a local family at their organic farm, visit the tobacco fields and explore botanical gardens and caves.
- Taste local cuisine in authentic paladares, and dance to live music at intimate bars or open-air venues.
“We understand the importance of creating custom journeys that meet each individual traveler’s interest while using local properties, guides and restaurants that have been vetted to meet our clients’ high expectations,” said Ker & Downey President David Marek. “Most importantly, we work to connect travelers with Cuba’s greatest asset, its people, who are eager to share their culture and traditions with the rest of the world.”